Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I heard it from the vine

We have talked about how web logs (or blogs) have become an outlet in which the writer and the readers are able to have a closer relationship with one another. In a business where journalists are somehow distant from the reach of the public, blogs-- and other online forums like it -- have been helpful in bridging the gap.
One example of this is with the website newsvine.com, an online compendium of news throughout the world, posted by anyone who finds it interesting. Many media outlets that have online affiliates are steadily grabbing hold to these websites, offering the option of posting straight from a link on the article's page. 
Newsvine.com also allows for a free membership, which automatically sets you up with your own editorial column. On this virtual soapbox, you will be able to voice your opinion on any news that comes your way. At the risk of sounding like a spokesperson for the site, I can tell you that it is one of the ways I keep up on the news, and it is an efficient tool throughout my day. Check it out. You might like it too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great site. I put it on my favorites.