Wednesday, November 7, 2007

False reports.

When I read this, I couldn't believe it.

What would make someone call and file a fake police report? Especially with everything that has been going on across campus with random assaults? Is it an issue of how someone is raised? Is it for attention? Does anyone have any experience with knowing who would do extreme things, simply for attention?

MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor said false reports like this are seldom filed.

I personally had the opportunity to talk to a panel of Michigan State University police officers about the safety of women on campus, and what they are doing as extra protection for them. I have interviewed random female students around campus asking them if they have stopped walking alone as soon as it begins getting dark out. And almost each one of them said they never even think about walking alone. They also appreciate the e-mails sent to all of campus from the MSU police, giving them a heads up at all times.

It's just hard to grasp and comprehend: Why is all of this happening so all-of-a-sudden? Since my freshman year, I don't remember female students having to be so unbelievably careful in East Lansing.

I just want all of this to end.

No comments: