Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cedar Fest does indeed alter jobs

I went to eat dinner with a friend of mine last night who I work with at the Lansing State Journal. He is a senior at MSU who will be graduating this spring and is in the full-out process of job hunting at newspapers across the country. He applied for a newspaper in Kansas City, I believe it was the Kansas City Star (but dont quote me on that) and that was one of his top choices to work at.
Andrew (my friend) recieved an email Tuesday morning saying that he was no longer in the running for a position at the Kansas City paper because of what happened at Michigan State over the weekend with Cedar Fest.
I figured that Cedar Fest would certinly have effected our universities reputation, but never did I think it would come to this extreme. If he had been arested or on video doing something destructive then maybe I could understand, but the kid wasn't even there.
This is apsolutly outrageous and shouldnt be tolerated.
I can only hope he dosen't leave this instance untouched
-Sean

No comments: