Thursday, April 10, 2008

Refreshing Comeraderie

Recently while watching SportsCenter I have noticed that the anchors have small conversations with each other that go beyond ad-libbing and sometimes run into highlights. Now I may be in either the minority or the majority in my thoughts, but personally I love that this is happening. I think it shows that these guys are just like their viewers, they love sports, also they love their jobs and their co-workers. It seems like they realize they are living the dream for a lot of sports fans and they appreciate it.

If it took something away from the show, I probably wouldn't support the friend like behavior these anchors exhibit. I feel like they are delivering sports news while not being too serious, sports are, after all, played for fun for the most part. The list of Sportscenter anchors runs 35 deep, and I think that the producers of the show have paired their anchors together very effectively. I don't know if every anchor in the news room are friends with one another, in fact they probably all aren't, but the way they interact with each other on air makes it seem like a wonderful place to work.

No comments: